Skip to main content

Spotlight: Nixon Newell


My Spotlight series continues, this time, Nixon Newell.
I want to begin by saying, just simply, Nixon Newell is fucking awesome.
Let me elaborate a little, Nixon is a welsh girl who is an amazing wrestler, persistantly putting on excellent matches and gaining an ever growing fan base.. and rightly so.
I am a huge fan of Nixon, she has impressed me massively, I'd go so far as to say that she is my favourite female worker in the entire industry today.
To my knowledge Nixon has been competing for 3-4 years and already has a wealth of experience, crossing paths with many of the top female names in wrestling, notable opponants include current Impact Knockouts Champion Rosemary, Candice LeRae and Kimber Lee.
She has also teamed with and fought many male wrestlers too including Pete Dunne, El Ligero, Mark Andrews and WWE UK Champion Tyler Bate. Personally I recommend you check her (forever) fued with Chris Brookes out, its utterly fantastic.
Nixon currently employs a front flip piledriver dubbed 'The Welsh Destroyer' to finish her opponents with (sometimes spectacularly from the top rope), and also uses a shining wizard known as 'The Shiniest Wizard' and it most certainly is.
Even just at the start of her career, Nixon has already competed all over the UK and had a successful trip to Japan, worked for various promotions and been highly spoken of in all wrestling circles. Although she primarily works as a face, i have been privelaged enough to have caught her heel work too.. was sensational, perfect psychology and performance as always.

For me, Nixon is the embodiment of hard work and determination, proof of what can be achieved with the right attitude and work ethic.
She has a fearless demeanor and never holds back in any match, a quality i personally admire greatly.
Go catch her at a show, trust me its worth the price of admission.
In a time where womens wrestling is every bit as valid and hard hitting as there male counterparts, we look to extraordinary athletes for the future. To carry the torch forward and show the world that wrestling in 2017 isnt about gender or size, but about passion and heart. In that mindset Nixon Newell is my torch barer for the future and i admire her for it.
With WWE announcing a Womens Open Tournament this summer, Nixon should be first name on the list.

Check the Welsh Wonder out:
Twitter: @NixonNewell
Facebook: www facebook.com/nixonnewell

Merch: http://www.prowrestlingtees.com/nixonnewell
 www.nixonnewell.bigcartel.com

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My 2017

So as usual I'm doing my year in review summery. 2017 has been an interesting year for me, in terms of growth, challenges and learning more about myself. Its been a year that at times has been difficult, but I feel like the things have been difficult in order to provide me with a stronger outlook and resolve heading into 2018. Life does have a interesting way of balancing itself, although bad happens eventually good will always rise up to equal it. I've met some amazing new people this year too. People that although I haven't known long, I am very grateful for their presence in my life. I feel very happy to have each and every person who has spent time with me or talking to me this year. You all know who you are and we all have great times to come. I broke straight edge after 10 years, something that was a big thing for me, an evolution of sorts. I've also added more tattoos to my body, which will continue next year too I have taken in some amazing gigs thi

IT (Chapter 1) Review

[The following review may contain spoilers] So reviewing a film is difficult, gush and risk overdoing it, but under do it and it leads to indifference. Let me start this review by saying, IT is absolutely 100% fantastic. Currently for me, my film of the year. Growing up, my mum read a lot of Stephen King books, and so I found the book IT at a younger age. Upon reading i was immersed in this dark cloud covered Derry community, plagued by a recurring shapeshifting nightmare. The book became one of my favourites. This however lead to a problem, the miniseries version of IT starring Tim Curry.. I didn't like it at all. Although Tim Curry and Co did a great job with the tools at their disposal, this version did not fit with the Derry and Pennywise I had in my head. Skip forward to 2017 and welcome to Derry, Maine.. A picture esque quaint town with a terrible millenia old evil living benethe it. Director Andy Muschietti breathes new life into a horror classic creating somethi

Spotlight: Candyfloss

My spotlight series returns, this time to introduce you to one of UK's brightest new stars, Candyfloss. Candyfloss is one of my favourite new talents here in the UK. The London native is a regular on the UK independent scene, plying her trade up and down the country and making new fans wherever she goes. Debuting a mere year ago, she has grown in leaps and bounds already having great showings against Dahlia Black, Jinny and Little Miss Roxxy. By all means don't let her happy go lucky attitude and sweet name fool you, this girl can go in the ring, happily mixing up her style to utilise high flying, solid ground work or her Candy Cane cross arm breaker submission. Candyfloss was trained through one of the UK's finest companies, PROGRESS, whom she also works for. Her time at the ProJo shows, she is excelling rapidly and is turning more than a few heads and I think that international talent will start to look to Candyfloss for matches shortly. At a time where womens w