Skip to main content

Spotlight: Ricky Knight Jr.


The next edition of my spotlight series and I prepare to tread on hallowed ground, by writing about one of the members of THE wrestling dynasty here in the UK, The Knights.

Now let me precursor this by saying the Knight family rightly have full respect of professional wrestling, from the heads of the family Ricky Knight (Wrestler and Owner of WAW) and Sweet Saraya Knight (Wrestler and Owner of Bellatrix) to their children Roy and Zak (The Hooligans) and Paige (former NXT/WWE Womens Champion).
I could and should spend hours gushing and paying tribute to each of these individual talents, however today im looking at the future.. the 3rd generation, I present the outstanding Ricky Knight jr.

Lets just start by saying that RKJ is 17 years old, but at 17 and he already had a wealth of knowledge and experience, he constantly performs at an incredible level and is without doubt one of the future stars of the UK wrestling scene.
Having been watching him perform over the last year, I must admit to being impressed, not just with his in ring performance but his constant professional attitude and the way he carries himself.
RKJ likes to mix his wrestling style, adapting his offence against his opponants, he does however use an awesome 450 Splash and Yakuza Kick to devestating effect as part of his usual moveset however for me RKJ shines when flying through the air, having utilised swanton bombs, missing dropkicks, springboard forearms and moonsaults to wow audiences.

He has mixed it up with plenty of talents including veterans like Jonny Storm, Jody Fleisch and El Ligero, never losing a step and constantly gaining fans in the process.
At a time where the UK wrestling scene is being viewed by the world with eager eyes and the plethora or international talent hits our shores, performers like RKJ will be in high demand and continue to excel his reputation with 5 star matches.

Coming from a family rich in wrestling heritage can be difficult, trying to create your own name in the business, to stand out and with pressure to represent the name with as much pride and talent as those that blazed the trail before..
Its safe to say RKJ does it already. He is already a sensation and will continue to grow, the sky is the limit for someone as talented as him and he will wave the flag for UK wrestling for years to come.

Go to a show or follow on social media, either way Ricky Knight jr. has big things ahead of him. The future is now.

Find RKJ here:
Twitter: @Ricky_KnightJr
www.wawuk.com

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My 2017

So as usual I'm doing my year in review summery. 2017 has been an interesting year for me, in terms of growth, challenges and learning more about myself. Its been a year that at times has been difficult, but I feel like the things have been difficult in order to provide me with a stronger outlook and resolve heading into 2018. Life does have a interesting way of balancing itself, although bad happens eventually good will always rise up to equal it. I've met some amazing new people this year too. People that although I haven't known long, I am very grateful for their presence in my life. I feel very happy to have each and every person who has spent time with me or talking to me this year. You all know who you are and we all have great times to come. I broke straight edge after 10 years, something that was a big thing for me, an evolution of sorts. I've also added more tattoos to my body, which will continue next year too I have taken in some amazing gigs thi

Spotlight: Candyfloss

My spotlight series returns, this time to introduce you to one of UK's brightest new stars, Candyfloss. Candyfloss is one of my favourite new talents here in the UK. The London native is a regular on the UK independent scene, plying her trade up and down the country and making new fans wherever she goes. Debuting a mere year ago, she has grown in leaps and bounds already having great showings against Dahlia Black, Jinny and Little Miss Roxxy. By all means don't let her happy go lucky attitude and sweet name fool you, this girl can go in the ring, happily mixing up her style to utilise high flying, solid ground work or her Candy Cane cross arm breaker submission. Candyfloss was trained through one of the UK's finest companies, PROGRESS, whom she also works for. Her time at the ProJo shows, she is excelling rapidly and is turning more than a few heads and I think that international talent will start to look to Candyfloss for matches shortly. At a time where womens w

IT (Chapter 1) Review

[The following review may contain spoilers] So reviewing a film is difficult, gush and risk overdoing it, but under do it and it leads to indifference. Let me start this review by saying, IT is absolutely 100% fantastic. Currently for me, my film of the year. Growing up, my mum read a lot of Stephen King books, and so I found the book IT at a younger age. Upon reading i was immersed in this dark cloud covered Derry community, plagued by a recurring shapeshifting nightmare. The book became one of my favourites. This however lead to a problem, the miniseries version of IT starring Tim Curry.. I didn't like it at all. Although Tim Curry and Co did a great job with the tools at their disposal, this version did not fit with the Derry and Pennywise I had in my head. Skip forward to 2017 and welcome to Derry, Maine.. A picture esque quaint town with a terrible millenia old evil living benethe it. Director Andy Muschietti breathes new life into a horror classic creating somethi